I realized early on that everyone would be a lot happier if we had a few comforts of home so I rented a camper trailer. Tonya actually found it on Craig's List. I'm so glad we had it because it really did help.

Luckily, we were pretty close to our cabin. We drove back our Prowler from the cabin to the campsite and took several excursions.
The other benefit of being close to the cabin was the daily visits to take showers. We tried to keep it a secret but everyone got suspicious when we would go to "the store" then came back all fresh!

All of us on the last day.

Tamye making pancakes.
Food is always a big part of camping and this time was no exception unless you're referring to Tonya and me. We've been on this diet that kept us from eating most things. It was a little excruciating to say the least.

Dallin and Spencer.
It was great to have Dallin with us. He is between semesters at BYU-I and has been home for a couple of weeks.

Our campsite was in a campground called Black Canyon Rim. It was a nice place except the camp host was always around and talked too much. We called him the "Cruise Director".

Teresa.
I took a lot of pictures but they didn't all turn out. After our recent photography class, I was committed to avoid the automatic settings at all costs. I still have a lot of practicing to get it right.
I realized that I never did get a picture of Joao. That's because he spent almost the entire time in his trailer laid up! He crashed on my dad's little motorcycle on the second day. After he got home he went to the doctor to find that he fractured his knee. Poor guy! He seemed miserable but was so patient to be sure his family had a good experience.
Joao and Teresa and the kids had quite the experience on their trip from New Mexico. The trailer door came open and they lost the crank tool to raise up the tent trailer. Consequently, we had to take turns turning the little screw bolt a thousand times with a wrench to both set it up and take it down.
Audri sneezed on the trip and threw her back out. Jenna threw up. While looking for the crank tool, they hit a deer with the truck. The deer went under the truck and trailer then got up and ran off! It was a bad day for the DaSilva's and for the deer!

Grandpa.
Dad loves to camp. That's where I got it from for sure. He made a hot shower system that mounted on the side of his truck. Unfortunately, when he was backing up the truck, the system got caught on a tree and broke. He wasn't a happy camper!

Audrianna.

Audrianna and Teresa.
You would think they were trying to sell these motorcycles.

Sterling.
Sterling makes such a great model for my photography experiments. Tamye has him well trained too so he poses quite nicely. I got some of the best pictures I've ever taken while at the lake thanks to Sterling!


Sterling caught the only fish and it was on his birthday!

Tonya.

Zach.

Cameron.

Spencer.

Sterling.



Sterling.
My favorite pic on the left.


Spencer and Sterling.

Dillon.

Cameron.

Dillon, Taylor, Cameron, Devon and Jenna.
One morning it was really foggy so I took some of the kids to an area where we could get some good pictures of the foggy forest. We found this hill and they had a little king of the hill contest.

Taylor.

Tonya.

Sterling. Love it!
Wild horses came wandering through the campground. Our "Cruise Director" got us up early to be sure we didn't miss it!

This is the only picture of me from this trip. Being the photographer has it's benefits.
Spencer crashed on the motorcycle too. It was very predictable that something bad would happen.
Some comments on Facebook:








0 comments:
Post a Comment