Never Turn Down A Kid Selling Something

I once heard that you should never turn down a kid selling something. It sounded like a good policy so I have tried to live by it. I always buy girl scout cookies or things sold to raise money for youth sports teams.

Today, while sitting in my office, I heard a little girl come in the front door. She went through a wonderful script of why she was selling candy. Her father must have been with her because I heard his voice helping her along as she stumbled to find the right words.

I called an employee that was nearby into my office. I handed her a twenty dollar bill and asked her to give it to the little girl and ask for no candy in return. I listened and smiled as I heard the joyful thanks from the girl and her father. She tried to give the candy in exchange but the message was given to keep the candy in her inventory.

I never showed my face and my voice wasn't heard. It set the tone and soon several in the office were also giving and buying candy. We made a little girl very happy and everyone learned why you should never turn down a kid selling something.

2 comments:

Tamye said...

I must live by this rule too, because I have a ton of nieces and nephews who are always hittin' me up for something!! haha! I have two Super saver cards, A Highland High wristband which I think I paid double for, tons of frozen dough in my fridge, and I have even donated a photo session for a silent auction. This within the last two months!

Tami said...

My problem is I have too many kids & they are ALL trying to sell me something all year long! I am fundraised-OUT! You must have made that little girl's day though! What a kind thing to do!

Post a Comment